Reading is a special thing to me. I love reading and this year, I want to read 100 books. Below, I’ll record my accomplishments and try to provide a link so you too can check out my reads. Also, I’m always open to suggestions!
1. Radical Hospitality: Benedict’s Way of Love by Daniel Horman, OSB and Lonni Collins Pratt, Paraclete Press.
2. Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, can be found for free download at Amazon.com (Kindle store only).
3. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells, can be found for free download at Amazon.com (Kindle store only).
4. Flunking Sainthood: A Year of Breaking the Sabbath, Forgetting to Pray, and Still Loving My Neighbor by Jana Riess, Paraclete Press.
5. Ariel: The Restored Edition: A Facsimile of Plath’s Manuscript’s, Reinstating Her Original Selection and Arrangement by Sylvia Plath, Foreward by Frieda Hughes, Harper Perennial Modern Classics.
6. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Scholastic.
7. A Girl Named Zippy: Growing Up Small in Moreland, Indiana by Haven Kimmel, Broadway Books.
8. I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris, WaterBrook Multnomah.
9. Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterson, can be found for free download at Amazon.com (for Kindle only).
10. A Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce, can be found for free download at Amazon.com (for Kindle only).
11. Mercy Come Morning by Lisa T. Bergren, WaterBrook Multnomah.
12. Washed and Waiting: Reflections on Christian Faithfulness and Homosexuality by Wesley Hill, Zondervan.
13. Sexless in the City: A Memoir of Reluctant Chastity by Anna Broadway, Doubleday.
14. The Rule of St. Benedict by St. Benedict, can be downloaded for very cheap (0.99 cents!) on Amazon.com for Kindle only.
15. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, Broadway.
16. We Can’t Go Home Again by Max Andrew Dubinsky, for Kindle.
17. Beloved by Toni Morrison.
18. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See, Random House.
19. When Work and Family Collide by Andy Stanley, Waterbrook Multnomah.
20. Christians and the Common Good by Charles E. Gutenson, Brazos Press.
21. The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx
22. All the Living by C.E. Morgan
23. Ulysses by James Joyce.
24. Ponder These Things: Praying with Icons of the Virgin by Rowan Williams, Paraclete Press.
25. How to Ruin Your Life by 30 by Steve Farrar, Moody Publishers.
26. The Ethics of Sex by Scott B. Rae, Zondervan.
27. Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert, Waterbrook Multnomah.
28. The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perrotta
29. Monk Habits for Everyday People: Benedictine Spirituality for Protestants by Dennis Okholm, Brazos Press.
30. New Monasticism: What it Has to Say to Today’s church by Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove, Brazos Press.
31. Shirt of Flame: A Year with Saint Therese of Lisieux by Heather King, Paraclete Press.
32. You Lost Me: Why Young Christians Are Leaving the Church by David Kinnaman, Baker Publishing Group.
33. The God Who Sees You by Tammy Maltby
34. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
35. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins